Huntsman structural adhesives offer an increasingly popular solution for high-end bonding applications in markets such as transportation, aerospace, marine, and sport & leisure, where both good aesthetics and cost-efficiency are important.
Why Huntsman adhesives for composite bonding?
Whether it’s our epoxy, polyurethane or methacrylate technology it’s all a matter of performance – our product range delivers high strength bonding between different composite substrates (including SMC), and also between those composite substrates and most of metallic substrates, regardless of the type of fiber reinforcement or matrix resin.
Benefits of structural adhesives for composite bonding applications include:
- Weight reduction
- Reduced stress concentration across the joint
- High resistance to fatigue
- Easy to use
- No substrate damage
- Sealed joints
- Gap filling
- Low temperature cure
- High toughness and peel resistance.
Easy to work with
Available in a range of package sizes, our structural adhesives are designed for both manual and automated processes. Our formulations also provide a user:
- Long open times for large area applications
- Fast curing adhesives for early removal of fixtures and rapid throughput
- Thixotropic products for gap-filling or vertical applications
- Resistance to extreme processing environments.